This, my friends, is awesome. I received this award from the lovely 30ish Mama a few weeks ago and, honestly, I didn’t know what to do with it. I had just started my blog (literally, like two weeks old) and thought, clearly, she couldn’t be talking about me. My blog is so generic (see previous post) and I’m not even very proud of its progress, thus far.
Then I thought – why am I being so hard on myself? I’m just getting started. And, while my blog is nowhere near the awesomeness of more established blogs, like Mommy of a Monster and Mommy Monologues, it WILL get there. I have come to love this massive blogging community of wonderful mommy writers whose posts inspire me DAILY and I will do my best to offer the same inspiration to others. Trust me, folks – I’m not going anywhere.
So, to accept this award, I went back to 30ish Mama’s site to grab the button, read the rules, etc. I re-read her post (probably for the 5th time) and thought, who is this great lady? I really had no idea. So, for the first time, I clicked on her “About Me” page.
And…Gasp! Almost instantly my eyes honed in on “CHICAGO SUBURB”. What?!?! The Chicago ‘burbs? Those words completely popped of the page – they could have been blinking red Vegas lights – that’s how fast I noticed them.
30ish Mama – I LIVE IN A CHICAGO ‘BURB! This award, by this lady, is exactly the confirmation I needed to know that this whole blogging thing is exactly what I should be doing. Not only can I meet some new, online friends – but some of those online buddies could be living right in my backyard.
So, 30ish Mama, thank you. I’m honored that you chose to bestow the Stylish Blogger award to little ‘ol me.
Now here are the responsibilities that go along with being a reigning Stylish Blogger:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers, or less, it’s up to you.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
So, here they are – seven things about me (one shared with 30ish Mama):
- I’m addicted to The Real Housewives of anywhere
- I’ve lived in Chicago all my life, but will NEVER get used to Chicago winters
- I’m not fashion-forward – at all. Just got my first pair of jeggings for Christmas
- I will never turn down a Potbelly’s oatmeal chocolate chip cookie
- I’m afraid of Suze Orman – she might give me a “smack-down”
- I’ve fallen out of love with my job since my boy was born
- I love country music – and have been named the “Concert Queen” by my friends
And now I can only think of one person to pass the Stylish Blogger award on to. She’s also just getting started but I am already hooked. Her posts are so flippin’ funny and I always anxiously await her next one. Two Kids and a Fish, this one’s for you.